Monday, December 29, 2014

Metallic Trim Dress





Happy Monday, everyone! Can you believe that Christmas is over already?! I sure can't. Once Christmas Eve arrives, I feel like life is on fast forward until New Year's Eve... don't you?  I hope you all had a wonderful holiday full of family, friends and good food. 

I like to keep things pretty basic and no-fuss when I get dressed, even during the holidays. I found this dress at Nordstrom and fell in love with the metallic trim around the collar, arms and hem. I might wear this dress on New Year's Eve (if I get over this cold I came down with in time for an evening of festivities.)

The metallic trim is really fun for this time of year. Just because Christmas is over doesn't mean the holiday wear gets put away just yet! This dress is versatile and can pass as a day-time outfit since it's so comfortable and easy to move in, as well as a dressier night-time outfit with the fun trim. I love the material. It's soft and breathable. Just glam up your makeup, add a leather jacket and a cute clutch and you've transformed an easy day-time dress to something evening ready.

While we're on the subject of clothes... do any of you loathe wearing tights? Seriously, I used to hate wearing tights (especially as a child when my mom would suggest I wear them to church or school) but you guys... I've had a revelation. Tights are amazing if you just buy them one size UP from your usual size! I always thought they were so uncomfortable and, well, tight, and the material always stretched too thin across my legs so I didn't get the darker, opaque look that I was going for. Well, low and behold, I bought a size up in these H&M tights and I am singing their praises because they are amazing. I want to wear them with everything. 

And now I will end the saga that is this post. I hope everyone has a great week!

Dress: Soprano from Nordstrom | Bag: Kate Spade | Tights: H&M | Shoes: Unlisted from DSW
(you've seen me wear these shoes here)

A big thanks to Molly for taking these photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio