Wednesday, March 11, 2015

My First Year of Fashion Blogging

As my 1 year bloggiversary is fast approaching, I thought it would be fun to do a roundup of the outfits I posted about in 2014. Thank you for sharing this blogging journey with me. I'm excited to see what the road has in store. Sometimes I get discouraged or worn out from the process. But, it's my friends and family who read my blog and some of the blogger acquaintances I've made that keep me going. I can't thank you enough for your kind words and encouragement! I hope to meet some of you in person some day and grow bloggy friendships :)

2014 was a very fun year for me with lots of positive changes. I quit my healthcare job in January of 2014 before I had another job secured. It was a big risk, but completely worth the gamble. I started a job in Higher Education a few short weeks later, in February, which was instrumental in getting me on the Higher Ed path. In June I moved to Hermosa Beach, and lived right on the beach which was the most fantastic thing ever. It's been a life goal of mine to live by the beach so now I can cross that one off the list. I loved falling asleep and waking up to the sound of the ocean and I had a wonderful roommate- my first great roommate experience, actually, proving that I can have a healthy and happy roommate situation. (I think this is an important milestone in anyone's life!) In August I started training in Krav Maga and Kickboxing. I've been going for eight months now, and have gotten my orange belt in both KM and KB. It's changed my approach to discipline and challenged my body in ways I never knew were possible. I've done a four hour workout before without breaking- something I had never done before. I'm thankful that the friends I've made through the studio and my teachers keep pushing me and teaching me I'm stronger than I think. Then in October I started the job I'm currently in, which I love, and also visited SH's family in Illinois. This was an important trip because I got to see the home he grew up in for the first time, and meet some of his family members I hadn't met yet. Then in November SH came to my parents' house for Thanksgiving for the first time. Whew! What a year!

Here's my 2014 journey in outfits:


 















Here's to another great year. Let's make 2015 amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio