Monday, May 11, 2015

Cream Corn Recipe - Ready in 15 minutes

I have a good friend who seems to be capable of doing anything domestic. She's southern, so these talents appear to come naturally to her, or at least are the product of a wholesome southern upbringing. She can knit, quilt, crochet, bake, cook, sew... you name it.

At every party or gathering, she never fails to bring something she's made, be it a dessert, side dish, or main course. I admire this in her. I think it's pretty cool.

I decided I'm going to try to be more like this - someone who is able to "whip up" something and bring it to a party. Tonight I made cream corn for the first time and I was amazed at how EASY it is!!!

I found this amazingly delicious recipe on Allrecipes.com (I just love that site) and I want to share it with you here. For the original recipe, please visit this page.

The recipe that's posted is by Diana Yockey and is called "Cream Corn Like No Other." I've made a few notes and modifications below.

What you'll need:
2 (10 ounce) packages frozen corn kernels, thawed (I microwaved them in a bowl to thaw)
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons granulated sugar (I used brown sugar and it worked just fine)
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup whole milk
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (I didn't measure this, I just poured some on my individual serving to taste at the end)

Directions
In a skillet over medium heat, combine the corn, cream, salt, sugar, pepper and butter. Whisk together the milk and flour and stir into the corn mixture. Cook stirring over medium heat until the mixture is thickened, and corn is cooked through. Remove from heat, and stir in the Parmesan cheese until melted. Serve hot.


Seriously you guys, this recipe is delicious and SO easy. I never knew whipping up a yummy side dish could be so simple and quick! This took less than 20 minutes and could easily be brought to a party for everyone to enjoy or eaten at home on a regular evening after work.

I'd love to know, what are your favorite 20 minute and under side dish recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio