Monday, May 18, 2015

Oatmeal Squares - ready in 45 minutes

This weekend I made oatmeal squares from a recipe I found on allrecipes.com. I halved the recipe because I only had 1/2 cup of butter, and didn't feel like going to the store! SH thought they were still a little too salty, so next time I make them I will probably reduce the amount of salt.

For the original recipe, please click here. See below for my halved version of the recipe (originally called Milly's Oatmeal Brownies.)

What you'll need:
1/2 cup butter at room temperature
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup rolled oats
chocolate chips (optional)

 Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan.

In a large bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until thoroughly mixed and creamy. Beat in the egg, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract until well mixed, and mix in salt, baking soda, baking powder, flour, rolled oats, and chocolate chips. Mix well to moisten all ingredients, and spread into the prepared baking pan.

Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes (I baked mine for 22 minutes and that was perfect - I think any longer and they may have burned!) Let cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before cutting into bars.

I feel healthy when I eat these because, well, they're made out of oats! ;)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio