Friday, April 1, 2016

Easy Meatball Sandwiches

Photo Cred
Hi guys! Happy FriYAY!!!! Sorry for being a little MIA, there are a lot of transitions happening in my life right now so my hands have been pretty full. I hope to return to normal posting schedule on Monday. Anyway, last week I made Meatball Sandwiches for SH and I for dinner and they are SO easy and delicious, you'll just love them!!

I got this recipe from the blog, Home Cooking Memories. See below for my little tweaks:

What You'll Need:
Meatballs (I used frozen beef meatballs)
Tomato (Pasta) Sauce
Rolls
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
(All of this I got from Target)

Directions:
The original recipe says to place the frozen meatballs in the pot with the tomato sauce, but I cooked them in the microwave first and then heated the sauce separately on the stove on low-medium. Here is my take on the recipe:

1. Cook meatballs in microwave while heating tomato sauce on stove on low-medium heat. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Once meatballs are cooked, mix them in to the tomato sauce. Take off the heat.
3. Place foil over a baking sheet. Place rolls on baking sheet. Place meatballs into the rolls (I did about 5 for each roll) but try not to get too much sauce with the meatball when you scoop them in.
4. Then top the meatballs with tomato sauce.
5. Add shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
6. Pop in the oven for about 10-15 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
7. Take out of the oven and enjoy!!! (Top with more sauce if you want.)

Let me know what you think of this easy meatball sandwich recipe!!

(PS. The giveaway winner will be announced early next week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio