Monday, December 5, 2016

Cowl Neck Dress





Dress (ribbed version here) | Tights c/o Maidenform (use code FRIEND for 30% off!) | Boots (similar here) | Gorjana Necklace (I'm obsessed and my mom likes to borrow it from me too) | Citizen Watch (similar here) | Speck Phone Case (use code FRIEND for 10% off) | David Yurman Ring | Hat (similar here

***
Happy Monday friends, how was your weekend? Tbh I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed from various holiday-related commitments! I'm not complaining, I know that I am incredibly blessed, but I definitely am feeling like it would be pretty great to stop time for a second and catch up on my to do list! I meant to post this outfit in November but I'm a little behind. (Hello December!) W/e I wanted to post it and show you guys. So at first I was a little on the fence about this dress. Here's what I love about it: the material is incredibly soft and silky feeling, and I truly am all about comfort when it comes to buying clothing. I like the color, it's unique and I don't have anything else in my closet that is this color. I like that it is a cowl neck, too. I only have one other cowl neck dress and it's more a work dress than anything, so I would never wear it on the weekend just hanging out. Some downsides about this dress, I feel like the material is so thin that it clings weird around my bra. The boob area is looking a little weird lol. To avoid this saggy boob look I could put a vest over it the next time I wear it - I think I'll try it and let you guys know how it goes. Ok so on to the tights -- I absolutely LOVE these tights. They are a size larger than I would normally wear because I like the opaque look, not sheer. Also tights go up so high on your waist that wouldn't anyone love a little extra breathing room? I bought almost this exact hat in black and I can't wait to wear it. I tied an old brown belt around it because the string that the hat came with fell off (it came unglued and is no where to be found.) I think the belt looks cool, don't you? Very DIY am I right? 

Well I hope you all have a fabulous week. I don't think I've talked about this yet on my blog but SH moved to Seattle so we are visiting a few weekends a month. I get to go up this weekend and I am SO incredibly excited. I love my weekend visits to Seattle seeing my love! Here's to many more!

Shop the post:



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio