Tuesday, January 10, 2017

2016: The Year in Review

2016 - tbh, I'm not sorry to leave it behind.

I do want to do a quick recap of what 2016 held for Maple and Mint. Throughout last year, my little corner of the internet looked something like this: Maple and Mint turned 2! I collaborated with some amazing brands like Lancome, Makeup Forever, Uncommon Goods, JORD watches, Pixers and Vegas.com, to name a few. I'm so fortunate to work with such amazing people and companies!

These are my top 9 Instagram posts of 2016:


 Thank you for the love! If you're not following me on Instagram already, let's connect! You can follow me @mapleandmint. 

In 2016 I also sent out my first Maple and Mint e-newsletter, launched a podcast on iTunes (which you can listen to here!!) and began writing for Stay.com. I was also featured in Trendly Magazine which was SUCH a fun and cool experience -- you can read the interview here.

Here were your most loved posts of 2016:
1) Interview with Foster James (I know, she's the coolest, right?)
2) Puffer Jacket and OTK Boots
3) Gearing Up For a New Year

In personal news, David moved to Seattle and started a new job. We started traveling back and forth between LA and Seattle every couple of weekends. My parents moved to LA into a fabulous beach house, my cousin and her long time sweetheart got married and had their first child (he was born over this past weekend!!) I went to four beautiful weddings, and traveled for the first time to one of the most beautiful places in the world, Tahiti.

In some less sunshine and roses news, I quit a job that wasn't working out back in August and was unemployed for three months. Being unemployed really showed me what a privilege it is to be employed, and also helped me clarify my goals going forward. I learned some hard lessons about what it means to be a grownup and take responsibility for my future.

As we continue on this journey together, let's get to know each other better. Follow me on Twitter and Pinterest and let's have some dialogues! I want to get to know all of YOU better because I'm not just writing these blog posts for myself, I want them to be of some help to YOU!

Thank you all for reading, it means the world to me. Happy New Year Friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio