Thursday, November 6, 2014

La Favorites: Tacos

I'm starting a new series called "LA Favorites" to chronicle my favorite eateries, shops, stops, hikes, etc. around LA and the greater LA area. I'm excited to share the knowledge I've acquired over the past three (almost three and a half!) years of living here with you.

First up, my favorite taco joints in LA. Oh tacos, how I love you so. I could eat you multiple days in a row. I could probably eat you multiple times a day.

Here is a list of my top four favorite LA taco joints:

1. Diablo. This super hip spot in Silverlake attracts oodles of hipsters (and very few non-hipsters.) Their tacos are unique: maple fried chicken, ground bison chili, and braised pork belly are just a few items on their chalk board scrabbled menu. (My favorite item on the menu is the beer battered rock fish taco.) But it's probably their "micheladas" that make them famous, and if you don't know what that is, well, go see for yourself.

2. Loteria. This is almost the anti-hipster spot, as it's located inside the Farmer's Market next to The Grove, the Miracle Mile's shopping haven. Eating in the noisy, outdoor atmosphere of the Farmer's Market is not for everyone, but in my opinion it's something to experience at least once. I happen to love coming to the Farmer's Market, and go whenever I can. I often ate at Loteria when I lived in the Miracle Mile, and truth be told, I miss it!.My favorite item on their menu is the chicken mole tacos with a side of black beans and rice. The tacos are modestly sized, so you may find yourself needing 3 or more.

3. Project Taco. This quaint taco stand is packed with flavor. They are my go-to taco joint on the pier. I only wish they had more seating, but that's part of their charm. It's fast-food without the fast-food taste. These taco ingredients are top notch whether you go for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Definitely the place to go if you want to grab a quick bite and hit the beach.

4. The Fish Shop. The TKO taco is a homerun! These tacos are a good size- two are more than enough to make me feel full. I can hardly go to The Fish Shop without getting the onion rings, too. Trust me, you won't regret them. This spot is kind of tucked away up pier ave because it's in a shopping center. Don't let the grocery store parking lot setting fool you- it's got great food, great service, and hey, enjoy the ample parking that is few and far between in Hermosa!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio