Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Holiday Pause

The holidays can be such a time of stress and frustration. There's the hustle and bustle of busy and over crowded malls. The never ending to-do lists. Trying to stretch your budget to include everyone on your Christmas list. It can be exhausting! I know that I try to do it all this time of year- all of the shopping, wrapping, drinking hot cocoa, cuddling by the fire, watching Christmas movies, listening to Christmas music, putting up Christmas decorations, mailing Christmas cards, etc.

But in the busyness of it all, it's important to remember what this season means for each of us individually and for our families. Today I would like to challenge you to take a moment to remember what the spirit of Christmas is all about for you. And if you don't celebrate Christmas, perhaps reflect on what this holiday season means and what the new year coming means for you.

Whatever your religious beliefs are, whether you celebrate for the birth of Christ or celebrate without a religious stance, take a deep breath and be still for a moment. Take in the sights, sounds, and smells. Think of all you have accomplished this year. Think of all that you've done. Think of the months that have passed- the moments of sorrow, joy, happiness, peace, contentment, gratitude- that you've lived through.

Around Christmas time I am always surprised at how quickly the new year seems to pop up. I hope for myself and for all of you that we may begin a new year with peace and contentment. That we may be thankful for what we have, while actively reaching toward our goals, hopes and dreams. I hope we can be in awe and appreciation of what we have already accomplished. I hope we can be excited for what is to come. I hope we can rejoice in our friendships and loved ones. I hope we can remember the lessons and hardships that were overcome in this year. And if you are still enduring a time of hardship or need, I hope that the time of healing passes quickly (though usually it doesn't feel like it does.)

From my home to yours, my sincerest wishes for you and your loved ones to have a happy and healthy holiday season. Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio