Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Back to School Wardrobe Essentials

It's that time of year already -- Back to School! Since I've been out of school for a few years, these "Back to School" wardrobe essentials aren't just for hitting the books, they're must-haves for every gal's fall wardrobe! Think about pieces you can mix and match, wear now, and layer into fall. This Topshop camisole (only $30!) is perfect to wear in the summer while the temps are still high, and can be layered with a jean jacket or cardigan come autumn. The same goes for long-sleeve shirts, turtlenecks and button-up shirts. Pair them with a puffer vest or a long cashmere cardigan. These pieces are meant to be mixed and matched so you can create hundreds of different outfits!

TOPS & LAYERING 

camisole for layering ($30) // striped crewneck tee (only $19!) // chambray shirt ($69) // tissue turtleneck ($39) // plaid button-up ($79) // cardigan ($48) // puffer vest ($120) // jean jacket ($128 + 25% off with code REFRESH)


Let's talk about what to wear on your bottom half. Your fall basics should include a pair of light distressed denim, a pair of dark wash jeans, a pair of black skinnies and leggings (to wear with riding boots!) A denim pencil skirt is another perfect summer to fall transition piece, as is a pleated midi or a-line skirt

BOTTOMS 





Comfort is key when it comes to back to school shoes. My high school was built on a hill -- there's no way I could have walked to and from classes in high heels (and I wouldn't have wanted to!) College was definitely flatter terrain, but flats were still crucial for walking back and forth between classes all day. I would invest in several pairs of comfy flats - my favorite brand for ballet flats is hands down Sam Edelman, they are the comfiest flats I've ever owned and I have them in a few key colors (black, red suede, camo, leopard, etc.) For boots, you'll definitely need a pair of riding boots and short booties, and of course rain boots (if you don't live in Southern California, like me. Even though I do own a pair of red Hunters. Shh.) For cold weather my favorite boots are LL Bean Boots. Make sure to size down (use their size chart) because they run huge. I have the shearling ones and they are DIVINE. I wear them whenever we go to SH's home in Illinois in the fall!

SHOES


Ankle Booties ($119.95) // Rain Boots ($150) // Sexy Heel ($129.95) // Lace-up Flats ($79.95) // Open Toe Booties ($109.95) // Riding Boots ($168.95) //  Flats for Walking ($99.95)


Accessories -- arguably the best part! You definitely need a blanket scarf and floppy hat (buy them in a couple of different colors and patterns to switch up your look every now and then.) A cute agenda is a must -- I just bought The Happy Planner at Michael's and I'm obsessed! Last but not least, make sure you have a cute tote or a backpack to top off your look.

ACCESSORIES 


Laptop Sleeve ($75) // Plaid Blanket Scarf ($49.95) // Floppy Hat ($38) // Leopard Pencil Case ($30) // Cute Planner ($24.68) // Roomy Tote ($295) 

Please let me know if you have any questions about fall wardrobe or back to school essentials! Back to school shopping was always my favorite part of heading back to school so I love this stuff :) Have a great Monday!

Shop the Post:





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio