Thursday, January 19, 2017

Fair Trade Sashka Co. Bracelets






Bracelets: c/o Sashka Co.  use code MAPLEANDMINT25 for 25% off and free shipping!
Bracelets: David Yurman cuff, old chain link bracelet

Hey everyone!! Happy Thursday! Man this week is flying by isn't it? My boyfriend comes to visit tomorrow which I'm super excited about. We are going camping this weekend (hopefully it doesn't rain too much!) and then I think I'm finally done being out of town for a little while? I have been nonstop on the go since right after Christmas! 

Ok so I am a huge jewelry person -- the items I wear daily have significant sentimental value. I really love bracelets because I feel like they can complete an outfit and speak volumes of your personality and what's important to you just by sitting pretty on your wrist. 

Today I want to introduce you to a brand I'm very happy to collaborate with called Sashka Co. which sells beautiful glass beaded bracelets handcrafted by artisans in the Kathmandu Valley of Nepal, and these bracelets actually have a powerful message. Your purchases support a great cause: human rights, equality, transparency in business and the breaking of the cycle of poverty- all because they are fair trade bracelets. When you purchase a Sashka Co. bracelet, proceeds from your purchase empower artisans in the Kathmandu Valley of Nepal to rise above poverty through fair trade. 

What is fair trade? 

Fair trade means that workers are paid a livable income covering their basic needs (food, shelter, education, health care) and they are paid promptly, too. Fair trade is invested in building direct, long-term, stable relationships between product producers and product importers, thereby providing artisans with consistent work and job security. Fair trade also empowers women by providing equal pay for equal work done by men and women. 70% of fair trade artisans are women, according to the Fair Trade Federation. Often these women are the sole wage earners in their home. Fair trade allows women to earn a living and have safe, healthy employment conditions without discrimination. Fair trade means no forced or exploited child labor. Fair trade terms are transparent. For more information about fair trade go to the Word Fair Trade Organization: http://www.wfto.com/ or the Fair Trade Federation http://www.fairtradefederation.org

This is a social movement to get behind and support. 

What are the bracelets made out of? 
Sashka Co. bracelets are handmade with the world's finest glass beads imported from Japan and the Czech Republic and cotton thread. They do not contain nickel and they roll onto your wrist to accommodate varying wrist sizes. The bracelets do not contain elastic - they are hand crocheted and will shrink to their original size when you put them in hot water.

I don't normally go into such heavy detail about the products I'm wearing but Sashka Co.'s mission really struck a cord with me! Anyway I hope you like the bracelets, they are seriously perfect for stacking. I love the message of empowerment, equality, human rights and breaking the cycle of poverty that they support. I am about to order a whole set (I really love the abstract nepal set.)

I know you're gonna love them! Don't forget to use code MAPLEANDMINT25 for 25% off and free shipping. Thanks as always for reading! 

Thank you to Sashka Co. for sponsoring this post. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio